These are the highlights of the video meeting of WMODF held through Zoom on 30th September 2020
- Dave Rogers of Midlands Mencap presented their data insights of their COVID online engagement
- 400% increase in daily engagements at height of epidemic, 2/3M March – Aug
- 70:30 Female/Male, increase in social media rather than website, wide range of topics accessed from yoga to pets to quizzes . Safeguarding incidents doubled.
- Conclusions: online an important complement to face to face support, staff have adjusted roles, community digital inclusion a challenge
- WMCA increasing staffing in Digital and Data Department; Adult Education offering courses including data analysis (with Microsoft); research underway in Hall Green into digital usage by older people; data drive planned for Sparkbrook later in year.
- Next meeting Wed 18th November starting at 2.00. Focus: consultation response to UK National Data Strategy – may include other groups.